We are currently accepting applications for our Half Day State Preschool Program as well as our Full Day Care for Infants, Toddlers, and Preschoolers.
Eligibility is based on documentation and verification of at least one of the following:
- Family is a public assistance recipient
- Family is income eligible
- Family is homeless
- Family has a child who is at risk of abuse, neglect, or exploitation, or receiving child protective services through the county welfare department
Young Horizons requires family to live or work in Long Beach (evidence of a street address required).
Public Assistance Recipient
If the basis of eligibility is a current aid recipient, the parent shall provide a current Notice of Action from the Department of Social Services.
Income Eligible – Total countable income – The parent(s) shall document total countable income for all the individuals counted in the family size, for example: Gross wages or salaries, overtime, tips, cash aid, child support payments received, and portion of student grants or scholarships not identified for educational purposes as tuition, books, or supplies. Young Horizons reserves the right to ask for additional documentation to verify income. Income documentation is required for the month preceding certification, recertification or, current and on-going income.
- Release authorization and the two most current months’ payroll check stubs;
- Release authorization and letter from employer;
- Other record of wages issued by the employer
As many of the following types of documentation as necessary to determine income:
- Letter from source of income
- Copy of the most recently signed and completed tax return
- Other business records, such as ledgers, receipts, or business logs
- Other record of total countable income
- Provide copies of documentation of all non-wage income
- Provide self-certification of any income under penalty of perjury for which no documentation is possible
Low income qualify for free or low cost services.
Please complete the Pre-Screening Intake form. Eligibility is based on income. Contact our main office: (562) 437-8991 for more information.
Subsidized income scale and program fees are established by the State of California. State of California sliding-fee scale.